Shabby Peonies

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Watercolourings

Sue Coccia's Woodland Critters "Adult Colouring Book" is printed on 80-lb watercolour paper. It takes watercolor well, but you do still have to be careful, especially when you're doing a wash, but overall I quickly learned the limitations of paint/water ratio this paper is capable of withstanding, and practice is what it takes to get familiar with your art supplies.

Here are some of the other prints I have completed from this Aboriginal artist's collection, I absolutely LOVE working with this book and have already purchased others.

Check out her website

L'aigle

Le Chevreuil

Le Renard
(a little too much water on the tail here made things a tad messy)

Le Colibris

Le Pic-bois
(I absolutely LOVE the colours I was able to bring out on that log!)

 Le Lievre
Le Ratton-Laveur
(doesn't he look like he's ready for mischief? Look at that face!)

Le Papillon Lune
(The green tones in this one are stunning!)

There are so many more colouring books AND watercolour books (and various art supplies) that I'd love to get as I get more comfortable with watercolours, so I thought I'd share my Amazon "wish list" so you can see what I've got my sights set on ;)


I'll be posting a tutorial on how I use the Distress Inks to colour these images soon, so keep an eye out for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment