Shabby Peonies

Saturday, January 9, 2016

A New Passion

I am in love with colouring books, addicted even!! LOL I have amassed a sizeable collection thus far, which I will share at some point.

Some of the things I love about them is that I can use any and every imaginable medium to colour them and learn a lot about them in the process.

I've tried watercolour pencils, watercolour markers, water soluble coulour pencils, professional watercolour pans, pigment markers, pastel pencils....basically anything and everything I have in my art supply arsenal.

It's very relaxing and therapeutic as well as educational in way of getting to stretch the limitations of these different mediums.

I have recently stumbled across these absolutely wonderful books from Aboriginal Artist Sue Coccia. They're so expressive and lively not to mention how they're so down-to-earth and appeal to my nature-loving, tree-hugging nature. I mean this book even has a sasquatch!! LOL

The first night I got this book I stayed up colouring till 2 a.m. Here's a picture I took with my phone, I really like how this, my first attempt, turned out.

 
(My first Watercolored Sketch)

What I love about this particular book one is that the artist is Canadian, Aboriginal and that the images are printed on 140lb cold press watercolour paper!


Check them out here: http://www.earthartinternational.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment