Shabby Peonies

Sunday, November 29, 2015

12" X 12" Dans Le Jardin Layout - Blue Fern Studios




Couldn't help it....every time I look at this layout that song pops into my head!!



And this is my blue-eyed, blue-tongue-tattoed baby girl! LOL
I found these candy tongue tattoos that I knew she would love so I got them for her next visit at Nana's house.


On this Le Jardin print from the Blue Fern Studios Frolic Collection I used some Prima Color Bloom Spray Mist in Cotton Candy, Peony & Summer Sky. 


I used a Christy Tomlinson She Art Vintage Lace stencil with some Golden Molding Paste and colored it with the sprays as welll as Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Stormy Sky and Spun Sugar.


I made a couple of flower clusters using a variety of different Prima Flowers and Marion Smith blossoms and added a bling swirl at opposing corners of the photo. I used one of the Frolic Calling Cards from Blue Fern Studio collection as a journaling spot.


Perhaps one of my favourite aspects of this layout is the way I cut strips from the Le Jardin print of the Frolic collection. I followed the wavy pattern to cut the strips and fussy-cut some butterflies and adhered a few to the strips for a dimensional look. Finally, I added  some Stickles to the butterflies and flowers for an extra little sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment