Shabby Peonies

Monday, November 16, 2015

12" X 12" Blue Fern Studios Layout - Two Little Ladies

I have simply fallen head-over-heels for Blue Fern Studios papers!! It's so easy when the very basis of your scrapbook layout inspires you from the moment you lay your eyes on it.

The Frolic collection by Blue Fern Studios has such a romantic shabby-chic feel to it, which is right up my alley. It captured this moment so perfectly!

I used the Adorn sheet as my base, which I splattered using the Color Bloom Spray Mist in Cotton Candy and a white Sharpie paint marker.

I built upon the page using the cut strip from the bottom of the page with the Secretary print mid-page, then using some of the pieces I cut into banners from the Calling Card sheet, I inked the edges with pink ink and staggered them along the strip. Next I tucked a pretty little lace that I had left over from a previous kit just beneath the paper strip and topped it with a tiny flat-back pink pearl trim that I used again at the top of the page.


Underneath the strip of trim I staggered some banners that I created using one of the Calling Card pieces as well as some bits from the Amoros print at the top left-hand corner.

I used Snow-Tex on the Blue Fern Studios Frills Panel to create extra texture on the piece before I used it as a photo mat for this picture lovely of my grand-daughter and great-niece.


Three little strips of the Mercantile print, again making good use of the prints on the page bottoms, I used these as journaling to accompany the photo.


I then title the page on the left-hand side using a script font on my computer, then sporadically added some Say It In Crystals sparkly gem embellishments along with some Prima Nikko-Danno and Pearl Panache Blue Moon flowers as well as some pretty Marion Smith flowers, one of which I saturated with the Cotton Candy spray for and extra pop of color.

A tiny pearl spray tucked in behind a cluster of flowers on the bottom right of the page added a finishing touch to the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment