Shabby Peonies

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

That Smile ~ 12" X 12" Tropical Punch Kaisercraft Layout

This little girl is the apple of her Nana's eye! And when she flashes me that smile, I just melt into a puddle.


For my background I chose Sunny, a sheet from the Tropical Punch collection. I used a Rebekah Meier 6"X 6" stencil by TCW to add a little texture. Next I spritzed a square doily with some Lindy's Flat Fabio sprays in Tilt-a-Wheel-Teal and Plumeria Pink, with just a touch of  Shimmerz Pop Art Pink.


I matted the doily with the Fun Times print from the collection and edged with some Martha Stewart punches and placed it diagonally opposite the doily. I cut into the Cocktail print with a Floral Oval Spellbinders die to mat the Prima Invild Bolme Shabby Chic Treasures resin frame that I glittered with some Frosted Lace Stickles. I placed a tiny resin flower to accentuate the bottom of the frame.


At the bottom right of the layout, I added a few sticker elements from the coordinating Tropical Punch sticker sheet, including some of the flowers that I fussy-cut and tucked in beneath my flower cluster of several different Prima collections, including Free Spirit and Cigar Box. A few snippets of dangling lace trim were also tucked in for added dimension and texture to the overall piece.


Playing with this Tropical collection has been a fun and welcome break to this cold and harsh crux of winter.

Enjoy!


Hip Kit Club DT Submission




No comments:

Post a Comment